In my heart is a ‘Healing Room’. In that room, the Truth of my existence lies imprinted on its walls. I’ve been fortunate enough to gain access to that Truth as I’ve moved through life, and when I suffer, it is a place of refuge, it is a place of comfort.
As the November WEGO Health Blog Month draws to an end, I want to share the Truth that I go to when the events of the world troubles me, or the circumstances of my life become unbalanced. This post is linked to a previous post, A Healthy Perspective for a Healthy Mind, Body and Spirit, and adds to the list of some of the principles of life that makes living through hardships easier to bear.
When the storms of life are raging, I become silent, and withdraw into the heart-space of Truth. By the time I emerge, I am better equipped to face the lessons that await me. Here are a few snippets of the guiding principles that, without me knowing it, were always etched right here in my heart;
- Truth cannot be taught. It can only be experienced. Each one of us IS the Truth; we do not need to find it in books or through teachers. Books and teachers are only able to point at the Truth. It is each one of us that must realize it for ourselves.
- We should never believe any concept until we have experienced the absolute Truth of it. Beliefs are dangerous artifacts that we’ve collected over aeons of time.
- Human nature is built on beliefs that most people think are true, and that is why we are here. We are on a journey of un-doing these beliefs, so that we can uncover the Truth of who we are.
- We do not need to learn anything to become enlightened. We just need to go about unlearning everything we’ve been taught to believe.
- All the horrors that people go through have purpose and meaning. Entrenched beliefs that barricade our divinity are removed through our hardship. The more entrenched our beliefs, the harder the blow we receive.
- We can’t forgive someone if we haven’t owned the experience they put us through. People are there to mirror an idea that needs to be released; no relationship that we have is an accident of nature. We ought not to even try to forgive, because forgiving is against the nature of Life; it is a redundant concept; it’s a lie because it implies we are a victim of someone else’s behaviour. The lie will make us ill, and it will eat away at the soul until it finally kills us.
- Nobody dies from deadly disease. We die from deadly ideas.
- My life no longer belongs to me. I live a life that has been previously surrendered to a greater wisdom. This greater wisdom guides me through circumstances that help my beliefs to unravel, bit by bit, until they finally drop away.
- I can never die, but this body always does. I jump from lifetime to lifetime experiencing a series of events until every human belief is gone, and only the Truth is present. I am that Truth waiting to be re-discovered.
- I am in the guardianship of a greater wisdom, and I know this because it keeps my body functioning when I am asleep and when I am busy with the hustle and bustle of life. It breathes me, it beats my heart, it operates the moving train of thoughts that travel through my mind and prompt me into action.
- I can never make a mistake. Though it feels as if I do, I never make any decisions. Decisions arise through me.
These guidelines, I have discovered through the experience of letting go. When I find myself in pain, it means I am clinging to my ideas. I love this space in my heart, this heavenly retreat, because it is there that I am reminded of who I truly am, and it is there that I am filled with the energy to keep going.
Lots of love to you all.